Road Trip to FedEx Field
Back from the trip to Washington D.C. where our Trojans won a hard fought battle against a physical Virginia Tech team. Reggie Bush had an unbelievable game scoring all 3 Trojan touchdowns including this one in the fourth quarter where he pointed to the Trojan Band.
Listen to Reggie score his 3rd TD!
It was quite a game and we should all be very pleased with the victory. The offensive line and wide receiver play was a bit shaky and it is clear that we really miss Mike Williams, Winston Justice, Herschel Dennis, Dominique Byrd and Whitney Lewis.
A few interesting observations from the game:
- The Right Tackle position on the OL really struggled with both Deuce Latui and Kyle Williams having their trouble
- Matt Leinart shook off a shaky start and played awesome in the second half
- Watch for a big game from Chris McFoy against CSU...he looked real solid vs VT
- Shaun Cody played both DE and DT during the game...I wonder if the coaches will continue to rotate him
- Kevin Arbet looked sub par out there and I would not be suprised if we see Justin Wyatt and Ronnie Nunn as the starting DBs with "Easy E' Eric Wright playing nickel.
- The Trojans gave up less than 100yds and only 3 pts in the second half. Our coaches continue to make outstanding adjustments
- USC forced 2 turnovers and did not turn the ball over themselves, continuing a trend under Pete Carroll where USC has led the nation in turnover margin. As Pete says..."It's all about the ball!"
The Trojans made us proud by playing a great second half in a very hostile enviroment. FedEx Field was rocking with over 91,000 people, including about 15,000 hard core Trojans. As a side note, Matt Cherrie, Dan Cherrie, Dennis Towle and Aaron Wooler made early statements for First Team All Tailgate by attending the game. The environment was electric and should have the Trojan faithful ready for the home opener on September 11th. We are expecting about 80,000 people at the Coliseum against Colorado St. and hope we can make it hostile for our visitors from Fort Collins.
We are very excited for the first tailgate and will be posting more info soon. In the meantime, check out this link to a preview of CSU . In addition, you can watch CSU play Colorado at 5pm this Saturday (9/4) on Fox Sports Net. We hope to kick off the tailgate with a big crowd and a few points of interest will include:
- Raising the 2003 National Championship Flag at the tailgate
- Watching the Notre Dame vs Michigan game
- Unveiling of the new EZ up
- Testing out the new full bar set up
The game is a 5pm start and the tailgate should be set up for kickoff of Notre Dame/ Michigan at 11am. Get there early, have some food, talk some football and enjoy the wonderful environment that is gameday at the Coliseum.
That's it for now, but we will posting tailgate logistics shortly.